Position: Quality Engineer
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Embark on a thrilling career journey with PWR Performance Products, a true success story that began with a father and son’s vision. We are a renowned name in top-tier global motorsports, and we’ve grown into a powerhouse with over 500 talented staff across Australia, America, and the UK, now listed on the ASX stock exchange. Join our vibrant team in our state-of-the-art facility, featuring advanced technologies including a controlled atmosphere brazing furnace, CNC machine shop, and an in-house wind tunnel. Be part of our rapid growth, shaping the future of our traditional markets and venturing into thrilling industries such as electric, aerospace, and defense. Now is the perfect time to join us as we drive innovation and meet unprecedented demand. Unleash your potential and be part of our exciting journey.
Why Join PWR
- A career not just a job. We’re serious about supporting our people build fantastic careers and have a commitment to promoting from within. Multiple members of our executive team started in our entry level positions.
- Free uniforms that not only ensure a professional appearance but also eliminate the hassle and expense of maintaining a work wardrobe.
- All employees receive 50% off all PWR products. We also have great discounts across other automotive suppliers and financial wellbeing programs.
- Work with the latest and greatest technology.
- Experience PWR’s thriving and inclusive company culture, where our long-standing staff members reflect our commitment to creating a supportive and rewarding work environment.
- We value and recognize outstanding achievements through our recognition program, which includes monetary rewards for Employee of the Year, Apprentice of the Year, Employee of the Month, and Apprentice of the Quarter.
This is a great opportunity to join our Indianapolis team as a Quality Engineer. You will assist the Quality Director in the continued development, maintenance, implementation, and improvement of the PWR North America Quality System. The ideal candidate will drive and support quality objectives for new and existing products with a focus on aerospace and defense business. This position will play a key role as part of the team developing all quality documents that support APQP and FAIR/PPAP requirements for projects. There will need to be a strong production floor presence to monitor and evaluate actual conditions to the project requirements. This role requires a self-starter that requires minimal supervision, looking to develop professionally alongside a fast-growing company where they can contribute their skills.
- Drive APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) and FAIR/PPAP activities to successfully launch new aerospace and defense programs.
- Support ITAR and EAR-controlled projects
- Support certification audits including, but not limited to ISO 9001, IATF 16949, and AS 9100
- Be active in the continual improvement and root cause analysis process.
- Translate the customer requirements into production specifications and control plans
- Conduct capability studies on all processes, when required
- Conduct Gage R&R on gages, when required
- Conduct analysis on customer, internal, and supplier non-conformances
- Conduct process, product, and control plan audits.
- Work with production to resolve quality and system issues.
- Work with team for corrective actions and 8D analysis
- Responsible for disposition of non-conforming product and non-conformance log
- Collect and conduct analysis with data and testing results.
- Support cross functional teams with documentation
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-3 years of experience in a quality or engineering position
- Able to read drawings and interpret specifications.
- Experienced with manufacturing quality requirements.
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Well detailed and disciplined to effectively manage documents and data
- Work with/lead cross functional teams for the projects assigned
- Must be able to multi-task, handle diversity, and provide leadership through problem resolution
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U. S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. PWR will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Experience with aerospace and defense program launch requirements.
- Sound understanding of statistical methods for process capability studies and GRR studies.
- Root cause analysis with 5Why methodology and risk-based thinking
- Understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) and SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Able to interpret quality data.
- CMM experience
- Romer arm experience
- Six Sigma or other statistical problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of ITAR and EAR requirements
How to Apply:
Please apply with your Resume and cover letter including salary expectations.
PWR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to ethical practices and embracing the principles of cultural diversity and inclusion PWR also promotes a smoke-free work environment.