Position: Production Operator
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Embark on a thrilling career journey with PWR Performance Products, a true success story that began with a father and son’s vision. We are a renowned name in top-tier global motorsports, and we’ve grown into a powerhouse with over 500 talented staff across Australia, America, and the UK, now listed on the ASX stock exchange. Join our vibrant team in our state-of-the-art facility, featuring advanced technologies including a controlled atmosphere brazing furnace, CNC machine shop, and an in-house wind tunnel. Be part of our rapid growth, shaping the future of our traditional markets and venturing into thrilling industries such as electric, aerospace, and defense. Now is the perfect time to join us as we drive innovation and meet unprecedented demand. Unleash your potential and be part of our exciting journey.
Why Join PWR?
- A career not just a job. We’re serious about supporting our people build fantastic careers and have a commitment to promoting from within. Multiple members of our executive team started in our entry level positions.
- Free uniforms that not only ensure a professional appearance but also eliminate the hassle and expense of maintaining a work wardrobe.
- All employees receive 50% off all PWR products. We also have great discounts across other automotive suppliers and financial wellbeing programs.
- Work with the latest and greatest technology.
- Experience PWR’s thriving and inclusive company culture, where our long-standing staff members reflect our commitment to creating a supportive and rewarding work environment.
- We value and recognize outstanding achievements through our recognition program, which includes monetary rewards for Employee of the Year, Apprentice of the Year, Employee of the Month, and Apprentice of the Quarter.
This is a great opportunity to join our Indianapolis team as a Production Operator. This role will work in our facility alongside our production team. You will be an integral part of our manufacturing process and will perform mechanical work that will require fitting, alignment and adjustment of aluminum tubes to close tolerances. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a “can do” attitude that requires minimal supervision, looking to develop professionally alongside a fast-growing company where they can contribute their skills.
- Work from blueprints and/or verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision
- Perform Trouble shooting and rework of production items as needed
- Sufficient understanding of the functional operation of PWR products to make minor adequate modifications
- Manual manipulative skills with ability to use a wide variety of hand tools, power equipment and measuring instruments
- Read and use schematic prints and layouts in English
- Communicate with team members across a wide range of production scenarios
- Use measurement tools (metric tape measure, calipers, etc)
- Perform light testing on components
- Enter information into ERP computer system
- Assist in other departments as necessary to accomplish overall production goals
- Commitment to quality and support the Company’s Quality System and ISO requirements
- Possible overtime and weekend work based on business volumes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience working with basic tools, warehouse equipment and manufacturing machinery
- Positive attitude
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U. S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. PWR will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Previous work history in a manufacturing/production setting
- Ability to read and use schematic prints and layouts, including tolerances and symbols
- Read and use metric measurement tools
- Vocational training, technical certificate or post-secondary degree in an industrial related field
How to Apply:
Please apply with your Resume and cover letter including salary expectations.
PWR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to ethical practices and embracing the principles of cultural diversity and inclusion PWR also promotes a smoke-free work environment.
Salary: $17-20 per hour (based on experience and education)