Position: Design Engineer
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Embark on a thrilling career journey with PWR Performance Products, a true success story that began with a father and son’s vision. We are a renowned name in top-tier global motorsports, and we’ve grown into a powerhouse with over 500 talented staff across Australia, America, and the UK, now listed on the ASX stock exchange. Join our vibrant team in our state-of-the-art facility, featuring advanced technologies including a controlled atmosphere brazing furnace, CNC machine shop, and an in-house wind tunnel. Be part of our rapid growth, shaping the future of our traditional markets and venturing into thrilling industries such as electric, aerospace, and defense. Now is the perfect time to join us as we drive innovation and meet unprecedented demand. Unleash your potential and be part of our exciting journey.
Why Join PWR?
- A career not just a job. We’re serious about supporting our people build fantastic careers and have a commitment to promoting from within. Multiple members of our executive team started in our entry level positions.
- Free uniforms that not only ensure a professional appearance but also eliminate the hassle and expense of maintaining a work wardrobe.
- All employees receive 50% off all PWR products. We also have great discounts across other automotive suppliers and financial wellbeing programs.
- Work with the latest and greatest technology.
- Experience PWR’s thriving and inclusive company culture, where our long-standing staff members reflect our commitment to creating a supportive and rewarding work environment.
- We value and recognize outstanding achievements through our recognition program, which includes monetary rewards for Employee of the Year, Apprentice of the Year, Employee of the Month, and Apprentice of the Quarter.
This is a great opportunity to join our Indianapolis team as a Design Engineer. This role will work across our Automotive Aftermarket: Industrial, Marine Cooling and other industries. This role will be responsible for developing creative solutions aligned with customer and market needs, ensuring a competitive edge. Additional responsibilities include coordination with other teams and driving solutions to challenges. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that requires minimal supervision, looking to develop professionally alongside a fast-growing company where they can contribute their skills.
- Independently manage tasks, consistently delivering results within set timelines.
- Coordinate with other teams, fostering a harmonious approach to projects.
- Keep pace with industry trends, providing timely and robust technical solutions.
- Generate associated bills of materials for new existing product models.
- Translate engineering decisions into detailed models and drawings.
- Elevate our products by reshaping the landscape of automotive cooling.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical or engineering field with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with ITAR/AS9100/TS16949 working environments, requirements and restrictions.
- Experience reading drawings and interpreting specifications.
- Experience in design for aerospace and defense reliability and testing – e.g. DO-160, MIL-810
- Proficiency in ProE/Creo/SolidWorks or similar professional CAD software.
- Familiarity with AS9100 and MIL-standards is preferred especially for traceability and configuration control
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U. S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. PWR will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while adhering to lead times and deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and disciplined in effective document and data management.
- Experience collaborating with or leading cross-functional teams for assigned projects.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Manufacturing knowledge
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate across global teams, customers, and manufacturing units.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your Resume and cover letter including salary expectations.
PWR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to ethical practices and embracing the principles of cultural diversity and inclusion PWR also promotes a smoke-free work environment.