Position: CMM Programmer/Operator
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Embark on a thrilling career journey with PWR Performance Products, a true success story that began with a father and son’s vision. We are a renowned name in top-tier global motorsports, and we’ve grown into a powerhouse with over 500 talented staff across Australia, America, and the UK, now listed on the ASX stock exchange. Join our vibrant team in our state-of-the-art facility, featuring advanced technologies including a controlled atmosphere brazing furnace, CNC machine shop, and an in-house wind tunnel. Be part of our rapid growth, shaping the future of our traditional markets and venturing into thrilling industries such as electric, aerospace, and defense. Now is the perfect time to join us as we drive innovation and meet unprecedented demand. Unleash your potential and be part of our exciting journey.
Why Join PWR?
- A career not just a job. We’re serious about supporting our people build fantastic careers and have a commitment to promoting from within. Multiple members of our executive team started in our entry level positions.
- Free uniforms that not only ensure a professional appearance but also eliminate the hassle and expense of maintaining a work wardrobe.
- All employees receive 50% off all PWR products. We also have great discounts across other automotive suppliers and financial wellbeing programs.
- Work with the latest and greatest technology.
- Experience PWR’s thriving and inclusive company culture, where our long-standing staff members reflect our commitment to creating a supportive and rewarding work environment.
- We value and recognize outstanding achievements through our recognition program, which includes monetary rewards for Employee of the Year, Apprentice of the Year, Employee of the Month, and Apprentice of the Quarter.
This is a great opportunity to join our Indianapolis team as a CMM Programmer/Operator. This is a pivotal role in the production process, conducting consistent inspections on finished products and components, per drawings/specifications, to ensure products meet PWR’s quality standards prior to distribution. You will perform random checks on documents and production processes to ensure accuracy, as well as check, maintain, and perform control system calibrations. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that requires minimal supervision, looking to develop professionally alongside a fast-growing company where they can contribute their skills.
- Create or edit programs for the coordinate measuring machine (CMM).
- Understand and utilize GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) to complete detailed part inspection.
- Utilize the programs to complete dimensional inspection using the coordinate measuring machine (CMM).
- Conduct Romer Arm inspection by programming and completing the dimensional inspection of final assembly and component parts.
- Analyze and troubleshoot Romer Arm setups and inspection paths.
- Determine part inspection requirements from internal or customer drawings.
- Complete PPAP and AS 9102 dimensional reports.
- Maintain calibration system and conduct calibrations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving
- Conduct finished product inspections with hand gauges and measurement systems.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Position requires a significant amount of time standing, bending, and lifting materials required to fulfill the inspection process.
- Able to see clearly in order to conduct inspections.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years of inspection experience with CMM and Romer Arm programming and operation.
- Strong ability to develop inspection programs using MCOSMOS and Polyworks software systems or equivalent.
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U. S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. PWR will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Proficiency interpreting GD&T standards highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while adhering to lead times and deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and disciplined in effective document and data management.
- Experience collaborating with or leading cross-functional teams for assigned projects.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Manufacturing knowledge
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate across global teams, customers, and manufacturing units.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your Resume and cover letter including salary expectations.
PWR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to ethical practices and embracing the principles of cultural diversity and inclusion PWR also promotes a smoke-free work environment.