Aluminum Tig Welder
PWR North America is growing. We are looking for highly motivated individuals for Tig Welding. PWR offers very competitive pay, benefits, 9 paid holidays, and a climate-controlled factory. Come join our team.
PWR has career opportunities for full-time candidates with aluminum TIG welding experience to work in our Indianapolis facility. This position will be an integral part of our manufacturing process and will support daily production needs within our weld department. This role is responsible for fitting and welding aluminum parts using TIG process. Related weld preparation tasks and other miscellaneous tasks assigned by the department supervisor will apply. New hire staff will undergo a training program specific to CR’s standards and expectations to ensure proper techniques are applied to product manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- TIG weld aluminum components based on the specifications of the blueprints and/or drawings
- Set up welding machines and fixturing based on the job at hand or by using a welding procedure specification.
- Prepare components to be welded, including cutting, grinding, and cleaning aluminum cores to be welded,
- Read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings to determine the specific welding requirements
- Keep work areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail and focus on each given task.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Willing to work 40+ hours per week
- Aluminum TIG welding experience
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, calipers, tape measures and angles
- Ability to measure and verify that the part meets the drawing / specifications
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Ability to identify and measure material
- Ability to produce quality products in a consistent manner
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions
- Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities as well as dependable work ethic
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs and uses
- Requires standing for extended periods
- Exposure to noise, oils, smoke, and grinding dust incidental to manufacturing processes
- Occasional computer usage
- Exposure to chips, tools and materials that can cause cuts and other injuries if improperly handled
- Able to lift and carry 60 pounds
- Able to bend, squat, and lift repeatedly
- Good eyesight and hearing for safe machine operation
Job Type: Full-time
- TIG Welding: 2 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts